Douglas Laboratories ProgestoMend
120 Vegetarian Capsules
Designed to normalize hormones to help stabilize menstrual cycle irregularities.
ProgestoMend™ is a combination of plant extracts, including chasteberry, specifically designed to help relieve premenstrual and menopausal symptoms.
Chasteberry extract (Vitex agnus-castus) contains active constituents that play a role in hormone activity, including dopaminergic compounds that suppress the release of prolactin. This herb also acts on the pituitary gland to stimulate the release of luteinizing hormone, which results in increased progesterone levels. By balancing prolactin and progesterone levels, two important hormones involved in the menstrual cycle, chasteberry helps to restore menstrual regularity. Decreasing prolactin levels can also help to relieve premenstrual symptoms, which commonly include mood, headache, bloating, and breast fullness.
This formulation is designed to maintain the health of progesterone producing glands and support the healthy function of progesterone responsive tissues.
ProgestoMend™ may be a useful dietary supplement for individuals wishing to support healthy progesterone production and function.
The synergistic combination of specific herbs in ProgestoMend™ support important functions associated with optimal progesterone health:
- Supports the natural production of progesterone
- Support healthy adrenal function, a major site of progesterone production.
- Promote progesterone response in target tissue through the use of herbs with progesterone receptor agonist activity.
- Promotes healthy function of bone, heart, brain, breasts, uterus & other progesterone sensitive tissues with progesterone mimetic herbs.
- Support healthy inflammation, antispasmodic and anxiolytic properties of progesterone with progesterone mimetic herbs.
- Supports healthy brain function, memory, and cognition, and enhances mood while promoting tranquility.
By inhibiting prolactin synthesis, regulating the health of progesterone producing glands and mediating the function of progesterone responsive tissues, chasteberry also helps relieve symptoms associated with menopause, such as hot flushes. As premenstrual and menopausal symptoms may impact sleep, passion flower is included for its traditional use in Herbal Medicine as a sleep aid.
ProgestoMend™ contains additional herbs used in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine, including forskohlii, crampbark, Di huang and white peony.
As a dietary supplement, adults may take 2 capsules each day with food for 1 to 2 weeks or as directed by your healthcare professional.
The dose may then be increased to 4 capsules each day with food for 2 to 4 months or as directed by your healthcare professional. After 2 to 4 months dosage may be lowered back down to 2 capsules each day with food and may continue on that dosage as needed or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Each capsule contains:
- A Phytocrine™ Proprietary Blend 1,400 mg Paeonia lactiflora root extract (standardized to 10% paeoniflorin), Ligusticum wallichii root extract, Rehmannia glutinosa root extract, Bupleurum chinensis root extract, Passion flower (Passiflora incarnata, standardized to 3.5% vitexin), Wild Yam root extract (Dioscorea villosa, standardized to 10% diosgenin), Cramp bark (Viburnum opulus), Coleus forskohlii root extract (standardized to 10% forskolin), Vitex agnus-castus berry extract (Chasteberry, standardized to 0.5% agnuside and 0.4% aucubin)
- Other ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule), dicalcium phosphate, vegetable stearate and silica.